PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson RIP

Chr1s Lawson
26-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Im sure there are some differences in opinion over this controversial fella (especially those of us with kids) but im sure most of us will agree he was one of the greatest performers ever!

wodm
26-06-2009, 06:26 AM
Im sure there are some differences in opinion over this controversial fella (especially those of us with kids) but im sure most of us will agree he was one of the greatest performers ever!

Agreed. I grew up (Like most of us probably) listening to Jacko and i was shocked when i found out off mat last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-blEgMyJwU

I always struggle to think of him in a sinister way with regards the kid thing because where i grew up there was a lad called mark who we called superman (He though superman was real and loved him). Mark was in his late 30's with a mental age of 9 or 10 and was always playing with other kids. doesn't make him a sicko or a paedo just a kid in a mans body.

Anyway. R.I.P. Jacko lad

Aidy
26-06-2009, 06:27 AM
He was one of the greatest performers ever.

It's very sad as his like will probably never be seen again.

<edit> I agree with you there Mick. I never saw him as a pervert, he was just an easy target for sensationalist journalism.

xKRISxMx
26-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Im sure there are some differences in opinion over this controversial fella (especially those of us with kids) but im sure most of us will agree he was one of the greatest performers ever!s

Do have to agree with you there mate, great performer and fantastic music, thoughts go out to his own children at this time too.

paganpenguin
26-06-2009, 06:38 AM

Another agreement here - not really going to see anyone else like him again...

Something tells me though, that he knew this was going to happen and was trying to right some of the people he thought he had wrong. There was some article say that he was leaving the rights to various Beatles songs to Paul McCartney in his will... amongst other titbits here and there...

mat165
26-06-2009, 06:53 AM
RIP The King Of Pop

Cuppachoc
26-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Great performer, great songwriter and dancer, didn't agree with some of his reported actions, but couldn't fault his music. Still remember the first time I saw the thriller vid - awesome.

Weird, was just listening to Smooth Criminal yesterday.

RIP

Chaos Theory
26-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Very sad to hear the news. Didn't know until I picked up the paper this morning.

Pleased to say I saw him in concert at Roundhay Park in Leeds back in the 80's when he was at the height of his popularity. Amazing concert. He was extremely talented in so many ways and really changed the way we perceived pop music during that era. 'Off The Wall', 'Thriller' and 'Bad' were the soundtrack for a generation of kids just beginning to discover music. A mate of mine at the time had a replica of the red leather jacket he wore in the 'Thriller' video. Hugely influential artist. It's a pity everything since then has overshadowed his earlier achievements.

Been playing 'ABC' quite a bit in Rock Band: Unplugged this week.

Rest In Peace, MJ.

Klytus
26-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Totally stunned by the news of Michael's death, to me he was a great performer, eccentric (are'nt we all in some way) but a great performer.My wife who was nearly in tears told me about his death early this morning. After she convinced me by putting the tv on it hit me particulary hard when i remembered he was only one day younger than me.

His death coupled with that of Farrah Fawcett makes a sad day indeed.

Rest in peace both of you

mr nick monkey
26-06-2009, 03:16 PM
I was at work last night when some said over the radios that he was dead we all were waiting for the punchline. I had to check the tinterweb on my phone to confirm it and i was shocked to say the least. The missus didn't believe me either when i got in this morning.

Aidy
26-06-2009, 05:04 PM
It's strange, because his music was the soundtrack to most of our childhoods.

I remember when Thriller debuted on UK TV for the first time and my mum and dad let me stay up late to watch it. It never bothered them that there was werewolves and zombies in it - it was Michael Jackson and so it was OK!

All I can really say is that I hate pop music with a passion yet I love Michael Jackson's music...says it all really.

And if there is a better music video than Smooth Criminal, I have yet to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU

Chr1s Lawson
26-06-2009, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=Aidy;85067]It's strange, because his music was the soundtrack to most of our childhoods.

I remember when Thriller debuted on UK TV for the first time and my mum and dad let me stay up late to watch it. It never bothered them that there was werewolves and zombies in it - it was Michael Jackson and so it was OK!

All I can really say is that I hate pop music with a passion yet I love Michael Jackson's music...says it all really.

And if there is a better music video than Smooth Criminal, I have yet to see it.

Cool song even cooler moves smooooth infact!

LokStok
26-06-2009, 09:19 PM
R.I.P Jacko

The 80's wouldn't have been the same without him ..

Andy_MUFC
27-06-2009, 12:56 AM
I was far from being a fan of MJ's, but I do admit to owning BAD on cassette when it came out.

Was kinda shocked to hear the news, but in a way, like many I tought something was "up" with his health.

No matter what though, the music industry has lost a legend in his own right.

My thoughts go out to his kids now.