Mature Gamer

MatureGamer - Home to the older gamer and geek. 

• Topic Title

• Topic description
Welcome to the newer and cleaner forum.
The old forum will remain as an archive.

Chat about PC/OSX/ Consoles, what ever takes your fancy....
#1985 by myk.lewis
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 am
Has anyone given this a go?

Well thanks to a free month of Game Pass I took a plunge (in more ways than one) with this game as I had been keeping an eye on it for some time. Now I could go into how it lacks content, or how it seems to force PvP onto you even if you're more of a PvE guy, but that would detract from the fact that I am loving this game.

Sure it has many faults and as I only ever play solo, can be very unforgiven when you are faced by even a crew of two, but to me it is the start of a living breathing game if....

Yep that dreaded if...

They can maintain the balance between PvP and PvE while adding content that will appeal to all.

Does look like I might keep that Game Pass going for another month while Rare starts the extra content roll out in the next month or so...
#1986 by andrew.murdoch
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 am
Played a bit in the Alpha and Beta stages of it's development. There definitely is a good game under there, but it hasn't grabbed me fully yet.

I had a month's trial of game pass as well that I used to get the full game, though I also bought a second Xbox One X recently that came with it.

So far most of my time on the Water has been solo, with a few sessions with random players.

Need to hook up online sometime and try and get some quality booty.
#1987 by myk.lewis
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:21 am
Yep, definitely Andy, after all it is a game that supposedly comes alive more with actual crews ;)

Saying that, I managed to give a 4 crew galleon the run around this morning inbetween waking the kids up for school. Even completed a Gold Hoarders voyage as well while that Galleon was trying to bear cannons on me :P

Of course I blew it when I crashed into the outpost and sank my ship but hey... it was fun getting one over a galleon!