Mature Gamer

MatureGamer - Home to the older gamer and geek. 

• Topic Title

• Topic description
Welcome to the newer and cleaner forum.
The old forum will remain as an archive.

Chat about PC/OSX/ Consoles, what ever takes your fancy....
#1985 by myk.lewis
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 am
Has anyone given this a go?

Well thanks to a free month of Game Pass I took a plunge (in more ways than one) with this game as I had been keeping an eye on it for some time. Now I could go into how it lacks content, or how it seems to force PvP onto you even if you're more of a PvE guy, but that would detract from the fact that I am loving this game.

Sure it has many faults and as I only ever play solo, can be very unforgiven when you are faced by even a crew of two, but to me it is the start of a living breathing game if....

Yep that dreaded if...

They can maintain the balance between PvP and PvE while adding content that will appeal to all.

Does look like I might keep that Game Pass going for another month while Rare starts the extra content roll out in the next month or so...
#1986 by andrew.murdoch
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 am
Played a bit in the Alpha and Beta stages of it's development. There definitely is a good game under there, but it hasn't grabbed me fully yet.

I had a month's trial of game pass as well that I used to get the full game, though I also bought a second Xbox One X recently that came with it.

So far most of my time on the Water has been solo, with a few sessions with random players.

Need to hook up online sometime and try and get some quality booty.
#1987 by myk.lewis
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:21 am
Yep, definitely Andy, after all it is a game that supposedly comes alive more with actual crews ;)

Saying that, I managed to give a 4 crew galleon the run around this morning inbetween waking the kids up for school. Even completed a Gold Hoarders voyage as well while that Galleon was trying to bear cannons on me :P

Of course I blew it when I crashed into the outpost and sank my ship but hey... it was fun getting one over a galleon!
#1998 by myk.lewis
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:30 pm
In case anyone is interested, today is the last day of being able to complete Merrick's "Hungering Deep" quest line and face The Meg to earn those little extras. After tomorrow's update, the Meg either becomes a random spawn or gets removed for a little while.

But it won't be long before we get to fight against Skeleton Ships (Cursed Sails) or volcanoes (Forsaken Shores)…

Probably just me getting over excited at this then :P